What is Curbside Veterinary Care?
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, veterinary practices across the country have implemented precautionary measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19. According to the AVMA, as of July 2020, 73% of veterinary practices had implemented curbside care in their clinic.
With curbside veterinary care, instead of physically coming into the clinic for an appointment, pet owners can wait in their vehicles while their pet is being seen.
How Can PetPro Connect Help Streamline Curbside Visits for My Clinic?
With PetPro Connect, clients can request appointments directly from the app, reducing the time your staff spends fielding client calls and emails.
How it Works:
- The client requests a virtual or in-person appointment via the PetPro Connect app.
- The client adds a reason for the appointment and selects a desired date and time for their visit.
- Once the client requests an appointment, a clinic staff member can confirm the appointment via the PetPro Connect clinic portal. The staff member can follow up with any instructions or next steps by using the platform’s two-way messaging feature.
The curbside check-in process can be a confusing and frustrating experience for pet parents. With PetPro Connect’s two-way messaging feature, clients can check in using their mobile device to alert the clinic staff of their arrival.
How it Works:
- The client sends a message to the clinic through the PetPro Connect app.
- The client receives a custom pre-saved reply set up by the clinic (for example, “Welcome to our clinic’s curbside check-in. Please use the instructions below to connect to our Wifi network”).
- The clinic staff receives an alert through the PetPro Connect clinic portal and sends a staff member out to retrieve the pet.
Russell Ridge Animal Hospital + PetPro Connect
Russell Ridge Animal Hospital is a true innovator in pet care. See how Dr. Miller and his amazing staff use PetPro Connect’s telemedicine and messaging features to meet the challenge of COVID-19 safety precautions – creating a highly successful curbside service in the process.
One of clients’ biggest anxieties when it comes to veterinary visits is not being able to be in the same room as their pet during an exam. With PetPro Connect’s video call feature, you can give your clients peace of mind by virtually bringing them into the exam room with you! Now you can maintain the personal connection of an in-person appointment, build trust, and demonstrate your value without the need to meet face to face.
How it Works:
- Once the patient is in the exam room, the vet tech can initiate a video call directly through the PetPro Connect platform and answer any client questions and concerns.
Contactless payments not only help limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus but also offer a quicker, more user-friendly client experience.
With PetPro Connect’s payment feature, you can submit payment requests directly to the pet owner through the app. The best part? PetPro Connect doesn’t charge any processing fees for Contactless Payment transactions initiated by the clinic!
How it works:
- After the appointment, a clinic staff member requests payment directly from the PetPro Connect clinic portal.
- The pet owner receives an in-app notification and completes the payment directly in the PetPro Connect app.
Manage Curbside Visits with PetPro Connect
Request a Demo
Learn how the PetPro Connect app can help your staff manage curbside visits to increase efficiency and ensure the safety of your clients and staff.